Monday, August 25, 2008

MAMA MIA!!!!


So I'm totally obsessed with this movie! I can't wait to go see it again. I have been rocking out to the sound track at home and in my car. Probably way louder than necessary! Is this a sign that I'm getting old?? Rocking out to a soundtrack?!

Anyways,


ABBA was our "ROAD TRIP" music. 12 hours in a car up to Utah and back add that with 18 years of traveling up there at least once a year. Now that is ALOT of ABBA. Loved every minute of it though. I went and saw it while I was in Utah with one of my very favorite people. (My sister!) And her very fun crazy friend Leeann. Maybe that was half the fun. Either way I very highly recommend it to EVERYONE! It's definetly a leave there feeling good kind of movie. Just the kind I like. So if you haven't seen it yet what are you waiting for?? Anyone who wants to see it call me let's go!

7 comments:

heather said...

sorry for always commenting on your blog but this layout is soooo cute!!!!
I haven't seen mama mia yet so if you go again, I'm inviting myself!

Conover Comicals said...

Hey girl keep on rockin....okay! Hey will you mix up my blog background while your at it...Suprise me I'm trying to update but it is taking a long time! Love ya

The Karafa Family said...

Katie and I went on saw the movie and loved it! I had my Dad make me an ABBA Greatest Hits cd, and now I torture my kids with it in the car!

brooke romney said...

Fun! I'll have to go catch it.

xr440dude said...

Yeah...I'm sure the movie is cool, but I can't stand Meryl! And then to have to listen to her sing...BLAH! I'll wait for it to show up on HBO Latino. Maybe the dubs will sing better than Meryl and Pierce. LOL

This show really kicks booty on stage. Peg and I have seen it twice. It's just awesome with a live orchestra. Klara and Charlotte have seen it too. We bought the soundtrack with the original cast when we saw it at Gammage the second time and the girls can't listen to it enough. YES! Another generation of ABBA-lovers to carry forward the legacy.

I like the new blog layout, but it's hard to read through the limes! Is there a faded version?

xr440dude said...

Okay...so Monday night I was dragged to the sing-along version of the movie. It would be pretty good if they actually used people that could act and sing. Meryl was fully disgusting just like I expected, although her singing did improve about halfway through the movie. Pierce tried very hard, but could never be confused with someone who could actually sing. Amanda Seyfried, on the other hand, has a beautiful voice and played the part of Sophie very well. Colin Firth was surprisingly decent and Christine Baranski was good, as in everything she does. Everyone else was just mediocre. I would have enjoyed it much more had they used unknowns that could sing rather than trying to cram a bunch of well-known actors in to try and get people into the theater. Oops! Did I confuse this with a movie review blog? Sorry! Uhhhh....I'll shut up now. :)

Sheri Lee said...

k, your blog is lookin so cute! And if you're still up to party, I will totally go! Call me!